Carol B. Wilson
992 S. Broadway
Truth or Consequences, NM 87901
Who is eligible to be admitted to the New Mexico State Veterans' Home?
- Honorably discharged veterans with 90 days or more of service and their spouses are eligible for admission. Preference is given to New Mexico residents when there is a waiting list – but every veteran is welcome to apply. (We are not restricted to NM veterans only.) Gold Star Parents, who have lost children in the service of their country, are also eligible.
- Certain members of a reserve component of the US Armed Forces who meet the legal residence requirements.
Persons not eligible for admission to the New Mexico States Veterans Home
- A person whose only separation from one of the US Armed Forces was other than honorable.
- A person ordered to report to an induction station who was not actually inducted into the military service.
- A person who was convicted of subversive activities against the United States after September 1, 1959. Eligibility shall be reinstated if a pardon is granted by the President of the United States.
- A person with medical or mental conditions beyond the Home's capability to care for them.
- A person with a history of violent crime, substance abuse, sexual offenses or who is currently charged with one or more of the above.